Portland Spirit and Columbia Gorge Sternwheeler Corporate Giving Policy
Thank you for including Portland Spirit cruises as part of your fundraising efforts. Over the past 20 years, the locally and family owned and operated Portland Spirit has become the Northwest's premier cruise company, and for the past 20 years we have proudly been giving back to our community. Portland Spirit donates an average of $175,000 per year to organizations and nonprofits, through both corporate foundation giving and in-kind donations.
The concerns we support are those that are important to our guests and to our employees. We cannot support all requests, but those that follow our guidelines for support will be considered.
To be eligible for contributions, organizations must comply with the following:
1. Qualify for non-profit status under the Internal Revenue Code.
2. Benefit the local community.
3. Be submitted in writing on the organization's official letterhead or by using the online form below.
4. Submission must be received at least six weeks prior to the event.
Unfortunately we cannot contribute to or offer support to:
1. Funds for individuals and/or beauty pageant participants.
2. Projects of political nature (political campaigns or issues).
3. Class Reunions.
4. Team or individual sponsorships or competitions.
If your organization or program meets these eligibility requirements, please submit in writing or via the form below:
1. A description of the event including purpose and objectives.
2. Date of event.
3. Contact name and information, including return mailing address, phone numbers and email address.
4. The community you serve.
5. The goal your event is trying to reach.
Portland Spirit receives thousands of requests on an annual basis. Since we are a relatively small company, we are not able to fulfill every request. We review all requests monthly and respond approximately 60 days in advance of the event. (Please note we do not have a monthly donation allotment). Unfortunately not all requests are honored, nor do we support organizations monetarily. The final decision rests with the Donation Committee. We limit donations to one per organization or cause per year. All donations, if awarded, will be mailed. Please ensure that a valid address is included with your request.
Donations are made in the form of product passes. These passes cannot be redeemed for cash and will not be re-issued if lost or stolen.
Please submit all information and inquiries using the form below. If you must submit in writing, mail care of the following address. All written requests must also include a valid email address.
Attn: Donation Committee
110 SE Caruthers
Portland, OR 97214
Portland Cruises Columbia Gorge Cruises Specialty Cruises 15 People or More